August 5, 2010

First it was He and now their a We... well almost!

A few months back I moved out of my first place and into my boyfriend's condo. Now three months have gone by and things have been amazing... we agree on almost everything except decor. He likes to call himself modern and trendy and I am more classic and simple. It is quite a task to transform a space from bachelor pad into a classic home especially when there is resistance on his end to make changes to his masterpiece. I must admit I have complemented him on his place when it was only his place but now that its ours I feel like there needs to be major overhaul. However, we only have 5 more months left in this condo and then we hope to move into a house with the puppers. Until then I can dream... here are a few photos of the place now and some additional photos of what I would like to see in our future place!
this is our inner courtyard as your can see the sun had fried the beautiful grass!
this is our kitchen and dining area... very modern...

I would love this kitchen -clean and white, stainless steal and lots of jars and baskets and of course glass cabinets.

This is my bathroom and I love it... I would love it even more if we could paint the walls and if it had a linen closet, but its white and clean and perfect! I love the navy towels with the green Anthro hand towels that my mom had purchased for me! My boyfriend even let me hang up photos of flowers and my shabby chic shower curtain rings! Its a joke with him that everything girly has to and can only go in my bathroom!

I am obsessed with this bathroom for the single fact that there is so much storage... right now because there is no storage in my bathroom I keep all my hair stuff in a shopping bag in my closet! This bathroom would be AMAZING!

This is our guest room and I do really love this room. Jacob had already hung beautiful black and white sailing photos on the walls and i was fortunately able pick out the comforter and I snuck in some pink flowers and hang up some curtains. This room has become our storage room and now its Fenway's room as you can see by the dog crate!


These are photos of our living room and our biggest battle! As you can see with the modern carpet and coffee table along with the manly art work and lovely african vases... its not exactly my taste. Here is what I would love in our living area....

I think this room is a perfect combination of masculine and feminine. I am really into navy and white and I love the long drapes in the background!

This is the master bedroom. It is just kinda blah right now and screaming for a duvet cover and some art work!!

I think this room is so beautiful and warm and it has a chandelier... something i have always wanted in my bedroom.

Hope you enjoyed the tour and I will keep you posted on the slow but sure transformation form He to We!

Wish me luck,

1 comment: